Prescribing a transport is a medicale decision
Only a doctor is authorized to prescribe transport for your care, in accordance with the regulatory conditions of care.
NOT ALL TRANSPORT IS REFUNDABLE.
What are the types of transport by precription ?
- Private vehicle (including the accompagnying person),
- Public transport,
- VSL or conventional taxis,
The doctor chooses the least expensive mode of transport adapted to your health
When to ask the doctor for a transport by precrption ?
- Always BEFORE the transport is carried out.
The prescription carried out after the event is only regulatory in the context of urgency.
Which doctor should prescribe the type of transport ?
- Your attending doctor
- In some cases, the doctor at the Montpellier University Hospital who will set a new date for your examination or consultation. Talk to him about it.
What are the condtions for a refund ?
4 situations to the payment of transport costs:
- In the context of a complete, partial or ambulatory hospitalization,
- If you cannot travel alone to receive care related to your Long Term Disability (LTA),
- If you are travelling for treatment related to your accident at work or your occupational disease,
- If you MUST be transported by ambulance (for example: lying down or under constant supervision).