Prepare your visit

In order to create your administrative file, you or a member of your family must go to the Invoicing Reception Service (entrance office), which is located on each site of the University Hospital.

Before coming

Come a few days before hospitalization to make your labels

The “labels” accompany each patient in consultation or hospitalization. In the case of hospitalization fixed in advance, you can compile your file without waiting for the day of your admission. These can be printed:

  • on the reception terminals if it is not your first consultation or hospitalization,
  • by the hosts and hostesses of the entrance offices in the case of a first visit to the Montpellier University Hospital,
  • directly in the department (certain units of consultations have their own decentralized reception: there is no need to go through the hospital's Reception Billing department, these units themselves create your administrative file and edit the labels).

Find out before you come to avoid going through the entrance office.


To complete these pre-admission formalities, present yourself at the entry office a few days before, with the following documents :

> Identity card or passport,

> Proof of residence (EDF invoice...),

> Proof of health insurance: 
   - mutual insurance card or coverage,
   - Free care booklet,
   - Notification of specific allowances,
   - Decision to grant State medical assistance.

Remember to bring your passport and proof of social security coverage: European form, private insurance, certificates of coverage or payment guarantee from these agencies… In the absence of this proof, the costs must be paid in full.


Ask about the patient hotel

Patients who live more than an hour from the University Hospital (45 minutes for pregnant women). The patient must be medically independent and do not require monitoring at night. He can be accompanied by 1 person (2 people in the case of a minor patient).
Also called Non-Medical Temporary Accommodation (HTNM) or Hospital Hotel, this type of accommodation can be offered before or after hospitalization (day, weekday, full hospitalization, outpatient surgery), only on medical prescription.

Consult the "patient hotel" page for more information.

Emergency hospitalization

If your health allows it, invite a member of your family to come to the admission office as soon as possible, in order to regularize your file.

The admission office may call you in your room to complete your administrative file.